The Newspaper for the Future of Miami
Connect with us:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Linkedin
Front Page » Profile » After Operating Gables Financial Group For 23 Years Ramoacuten Mas Canosa Takes On Florida For Frank Crystal

After Operating Gables Financial Group For 23 Years Ramoacuten Mas Canosa Takes On Florida For Frank Crystal


Written by on May 20, 2010

After about 30 years in the financial services industry, most of them at his own Gables Financial Group, Cuban-born Ramón Mas Canosa now sits on top of high-end insurance broker Frank Crystal & Company’s Florida operations.

Mr. Mas Canosa in January finalized a deal to sell Gables Financial Group to New York City-based Frank Crystal.

Now tasked with growing the firm’s Florida market, he said he’s focusing on doing business abroad and also finding more clients among South Florida’s small and medium-sized business market.

"About 35% of [Frank Crystal’s] revenue is derived from the financial services industry but here in Florida there are a lot of mid-size businesses that we also cater to," he said.

Along with his day job, Mr. Mas Canosa has a firm commitment to Miami’s Cuban community. He’s a director of the Cuban American National Foundation, founded by his late brother Jorge Mas Canosa, and has started a charity in his brother’s name to provide scholarships to students.

Mr. Mas Canosa was interviewed by Miami Today reporter Zachary S. Fagenson in Frank Crystal’s Brickell Avenue offices. To read this profile article in its entirety, subscribe to Miami Today’s E-paper. With the E-paper you will be able to read the entire contents of Miami Today online exactly as it appears in print. Or order this issue, to receive a regular printed copy of this week’s Miami Today. You may also subscribe to the printed edition of Miami Today to receive the newspaper every week by mail. If you are reading this in Miami Today’s “Online Archive” as an archived web page and would like to see the entire article that was published, call Miami Today, 305-358-2663 and ask for the Circulation Department. Advertisement